Betnovate (generic name Betamethasone valerate) is a drug that belongs to the group corticosteroids. Betamethasone valerate is an active corticosteroid that provides a fast response to inflammatory dermatoses that are commonly responsive to topical corticosteroid therapy. This is usually useful for the treatment of the lesser responsive conditions such as psoriasis.
Betnovate is used to treat eczema in both children and adults. Betnovate comes in three formulations namely Betnovate ointment, Betnovate cream and scalp application. All three formulations have 0.1% betamethasone valerate.
How to Use Betnovate
Before you start to use this medication you should carefully read and understand the leaflet.
• The ointment, cream or scalp application should be applied to the affected parts of the skin, once or twice per day.
• Only apply a thin layer on the affected areas. After the application is absorbed, you can apply a moisturizer if necessary.
• Betnovate is a highly potent application; therefore, you should use less of it as soon as there are notable improvements. This is the ideal time to use a moisturizer such as Cetraben or Diprobase to maintain the benefits. Do not use Betnovate on a daily basis for a period longer than four weeks.
• Contact your doctor if you observe that your symptoms are not responding well to treatment. Don’t stop using this medication suddenly as your skin condition may reoccur.
Betnovate cream is favored for cosmetic purposes as it is easier to apply and has better absorption than the ointment. On the other hand, the ointment is better when applying over a large area and lasts on the skin for longer.
Is Betnovate Suitable for You?
Consult your doctor if for advice if you experience the following:
• If you skin reacts negatively with other steroid preparations
• If the treatment area is on or near sensitive areas such as the face, genital or anal areas
• If you have a skin infection
• If you have an allergy on the active or the inactive ingredients
During consultations, always let your doctor know any other medicines or creams that you are using. This applies to prescription and non-prescription medications.
Don’t use Betnovate preparations if you are expectant, breastfeeding or planning to breastfeed without consulting your doctor.
Side Effects of Betnovate
Some common side effects of this medication include itching, pain or burning sensation in the affected parts. Other rare side effects are hair loss or slow hair growth, skin thinning and discoloration. If the side effects persist, call your doctor immediately for advice.
The Best Place to Buy Betnovate
You should always buy Betnovate online as it is cheap, fast and convenient. A verified and reputable online pharmacy will give your high quality drugs at the best possible price. You also get free shipping, discounts and coupons at an online pharmacy to make the medicine more accessible and affordable.
This medication should only be used by those it’s prescribed to. Also, don’t share your information with others when you want to buy Betnovate online.