Cefixime is a standard antibiotic commonly available in Suprax brand name. Cefixime treats many types of bacterial infections. Cefixime belongs to a class of drugs known as Cephalosporin antibiotics. These antibiotics work by killing certain sensitive types of bacteria and interfering with their reproduction. The effect slows down their growth to finally a halt hence killing them and eliminating the infection.
Unnecessarily continued usage of Cefixime reduces the drug’s effectiveness in the body. This effect results because of mutant bacteria’s and a possibility of developing tolerance in the body. Users who buy Cefixime online should beware that Cefixime treats strictly bacterial infections. It does not work for flu and the common cold.
How to use Cefixime
Cefixime is an oral drug. Some manufacturers use chewable tablets. The doctor may recommend taking with water or not, food or not, or when to take it. It is usually a single dosage a day, but the doctor may prescribe a two times dosage for children.
Although Cefixime is available for anybody to buy, adherence to a physician’s guideline is essential. People who buy Cefixime online should seek for proper guidance on its usage from a medical practitioner. Cephalosporin antibiotics work best when a certain amount of medicine is kept the level in the body constantly on regular intervals. It is important not to skip a dosage.
It is also important to take medicine to completion. Stopping the medication before completion may cause a relapse of the bacterial growth. The key in this treatment is usually preventing bacterial growth. Relapses make the drug less effective in the body so you should avoid them at any time.
In the case of an overdose, one should call for emergency immediately.
Persons who should not use Cefixime
Cefixime drug has the capability of interacting with other drugs. Users who buy Cefixime online should consult a qualified medical practitioner for the right guidance especially if you have any of the following medical or physiological condition:
- Individuals allergic to Cefixime or any allergen present in the body during its time of treatment should not use it. Cefixime itself has the capability of triggering allergic reactions. If supplemented with an allergen of enough potency it can lead to elevated autoimmune response leading to fatal effects.
- Malnourished patients. Persons with bowel upsets, vomiting, diarrhoea, stomach problems, liver or cardiovascular complications. These complications may include the people with blood clotting problems.
- Pregnant and lactating mothers. Cefixime has the capability of passing through the placenta to the fetus. Moreover, it can pass to a breastfeeding infant through breastmilk.
- Persons who react to penicillin medications like Amoxicillin or alpha-lactam antibiotics such as Imipenem. These allergic reactions may manifest themselves such as breathing difficulty, severe itches and rash, dizziness, hives, lightheadedness and anaphylaxis.
- Persons with liver disease, kidney treatment and diabetes medications should not use Cefixime. Anticoagulants such as warfarin increase their side effects with the use of Cefixime. Persons on carbamazepine drugs can result in the drugs interacting adversely. It is important to tell the doctor about the drugs you are currently using.